- for being able to be honest with myself (even if it is coming up gradually.)
- for irma's cable.
- seeing old school KAWS written up in jersey city.
- for accepting that i am a creative person.
- for krystle and prince
- particularly, "Pop Life"
- sara's genuine hugs.
- an email from joseph.
- sharing ice cream with my kasamas.
- hanging out with therese.
- faces that remind me of old flames.
- not lying.
- turns out, i like the number 12.
- hanging out in front of my house in a parked car for another 40 minutes with a friend who needed an ear.
- the hasty opportunities where life reminds me that i am myself.
- the opportunity to karaoke.
- being sad and being real about it.
- people who think my name is pretty, and will tell me so right at introduction.
- randomly calling people we miss, because we miss them.
- the cold putting me in my place.
- knowing that this place is what i love
- always repping hard.
Monday, April 13, 2009
- ▼ April (7)
- ► 2007 (28)
Hanalei Ramos is a very nice person and a stereotypical aquarius. FACT: while it is a common misconception that “aquarius, the water bearer” is a water sign, it is not. It is actually an air sign! Other than that, she is a proud founding member of Filipinas for Rights and Empowerment, a mass-based organization for Filipinas in the NYC area. Hanalei has also toured around the country as a performer and is the author of Foiled Stars, Letters to Martha, and the one-woman show, Guns and Tampons: A History of Violence Against Women I Know. Hanalei currently lives and works in her native Jersey City, NJ. For more information about her, please visit www.hanaleihanalei.com