- being able to admit when i am wrong.
- a window into the cracked heat of summer.
- a return of old friends.
- spinach and goat cheese.
- making my way to Ohio.
- things coming naturally to me.
- my friends wanting to help.
- becoming more comfortable with myself fin silence.
- the return of newer loves.
- reacquiring my right mind.
- lulu's extended visit.
- seeing my high school best friend grow slowly into her soon to be married life.
- jamaica with lisa.
- difficult conversations off the task list.
- 90s music mixes.
- val's support through difficult conversations.
- good hugs.
- redefining excess so that it does not mean security.
- being able to see people as perfect
- crying with lulu at the end of NOTORIOUS. (yeah, i'll own that.)
- cat growing into her new home.
- having a carved out place in cat's couch.
- irma the wedding crasher.
- reinvigorating myself in all the work i need to do.
- the excitement found in the potential of new goals.
- breaking in the cold sheets of a hotel bed.
- realizing i love hotel rooms.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
thank you to the spring so far for...
- Binky's wedding
- this really appeals to me.
- what a weekend!
- if i haven't shared this already....
- gorgeous out!
- The Filipino Film Fest!
- 7 and 7. Pretty true!
- we have bev.
- My granduncle's email:
- I love the 80s!
- this is my adorable cousin!
- i love the people in my life.
- thank you to the spring so far for...
- this is so adorable!
- ▼ May (16)
- ► 2007 (28)
Hanalei Ramos is a very nice person and a stereotypical aquarius. FACT: while it is a common misconception that “aquarius, the water bearer” is a water sign, it is not. It is actually an air sign! Other than that, she is a proud founding member of Filipinas for Rights and Empowerment, a mass-based organization for Filipinas in the NYC area. Hanalei has also toured around the country as a performer and is the author of Foiled Stars, Letters to Martha, and the one-woman show, Guns and Tampons: A History of Violence Against Women I Know. Hanalei currently lives and works in her native Jersey City, NJ. For more information about her, please visit www.hanaleihanalei.com